The Physics Program has a Specialized Advisory Board composed by practitioner physicists with recognized professional experience. The Program Assessment Committee and the Specialized Advisory Board meet every year or as often as necessary, but also have continuous contact through informal meetings and electronic mail. The last two official meetings were held in years 2018 and 2019.
The Industrial Advisory Board provides to the Program recommendations and advice on:
- Program mission and vision statements.
- Pertinence, sufficiency and applicability of Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes.
- Market and workplace trends and opportunities.
- Future directions of the Program.
- Student performance feedback.
- Potential curriculum modifications.
- Program and university facilities and services.
The current Board consists of the following members:
- Pedro Volver MSc, PP
National Institute of Geophysics
Recognized research institute in the country
- Jorge Fanor, MSc, PP
Magnetic Resonance Laboratory Manager
National Institute of Neoplastic Diseases
Main hospital and research center on neoplastic diseases
- Antonio Juarez, MSc, PP
Southern Peru Copper Corporation
One of biggest copper mining company in the country
- Lucas Rodriguez, MSc, PP
IPEN, Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy
- Jesus Mendoza, MSc, PC
Microwave Research Department
INICTEL, National Institute of Research and Training in Telecommunications