The Mathematics Program has a Specialized Advisory Board composed by practitioner mathematicians with recognized professional experience. The Program Assessment Committee and the Specialized Advisory Board meet every year or as often as necessary, but also have continuous contact through informal meetings and electronic mail. The last two official meetings were held in years 2018 and 2019.
The Industrial Advisory Board provides to the Program recommendations and advice on:
- Program mission and vision statements.
- Pertinence, sufficiency and applicability of Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes.
- Market and workplace trends and opportunities.
- Future directions of the Program.
- Student performance feedback.
- Potential curriculum modifications.
- Program and university facilities and services.
The current Board consists of the following members:
- Antonio Rosas, PhD, PM
Economic Studies Division Head
Peruvian Federal Bank
Main monetary policy institution in the country
- Carlos Pastor, PhD, PM
Research Center Director
Institute of Mathematics and Related Sciences IMCA
Main mathematics research institution in the country
- Josep Vargas, PhD, PM
Data Analysis and Modeling Office Head
Peruvian Geophysics Institute
- Manuel Torres, MSc, PM
La Salle High School
- Jesus Babel, MSc, PM
Telecommunications Coding Development Researcher
National Institute of Research and Training in Telecommunications