The Environmental Engineering Program has an Industrial Advisory Board composed by practitioner environmental engineers, as well as professionals dealing with environmental problems and issues from industry and government. The Program Assessment Committee and the Industrial Advisory Board meet every year or as often as necessary, but have also continuous contact through informal meetings and electronic mail. The last two official meetings were held in years 2018 and 2019.
The Industrial Advisory Board provides to the Program recommendations and advice on:
- Program mission and vision statements.
- Pertinence, sufficiency and applicability of Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes.
- Market and workplace trends and opportunities.
- Future directions of the Program.
- Student performance feedback.
- Potential curriculum modifications.
- Program and university facilities and services.
The current Board consists of the following members:
- Eng. Richard Acosta
Company managing the main water collecting, treatment and distribution plant in Lima city.
- Eng. Pedro Torres
Director of Environmental Management Office
Government Ministry of Environment
- Eng. Jose Davila
Environment Protection Office
Southern Peru Copper Corporation
Largest copper mining company in the country
- Eng. Ivan Chocano
Super-intendence for regulation, supervision, and monitoring of the water supply and sewerage services in Peru
- Eng. Hugo de la Torre
Leading piping manufacturer company