The Chemistry Program has a Specialized Advisory Board composed by practitioner chemists with recognized professional experience. The Program Assessment Committee and the Specialized Advisory Board meet every year or as often as necessary, but also have continuous contact through informal meetings and electronic mail. The last two official meetings were held in years 2018 and 2019.
The Industrial Advisory Board provides to the Program recommendations and advice on:
- Program mission and vision statements.
- Pertinence, sufficiency and applicability of Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes.
- Market and workplace trends and opportunities.
- Future directions of the Program.
- Student performance feedback.
- Potential curriculum modifications.
- Program and university facilities and services.
The current Board consists of the following members:
- Jorge Moreno, MSc, PC
Chemical and Industry Manager
Chemical products developer and consulting company
- Raul Tanus, MSc, PC
Chemical products developer and consulting company (mining, chemical, food)
- Danilo Valencia, MSc, PC
Chemistry Laboratory Head
- Leonardo Rodriguez, MSc, PC
Metallurgical Processing Plant
Milpo Mining Co.
- Jesus Mendoza, MSc, PC
Chemical Process Plant Manager
Food processing company